CHOOSING A CRIMINAL DEFENCE LAWYER MELBOURNE
If you have been charged with a criminal offence, you will need the best possible representation in Court.
Depending on the severity of your charge, you may be facing large fines, driving disqualification, a criminal record or even imprisonment. Criminal law is taken very seriously in Victoria. It is in the best interests of you and your future to do everything possible to get the most favourable outcome in Court.
Dribbin & Brown Criminal Lawyers offer an outstanding level of professional service not only to clients charged with criminal offences, but also to their families and friends who are affected by the pressures of the legal system.
A criminal record could be disastrous to your potential future employment. An experienced criminal defence lawyer may be able to help you avoid a conviction and ensure you retain a good reputation in the working community.
It is important to your success in Court that you seek the advice of a specialist criminal defence lawyer. You wouldn’t visit your GP for complicated surgery, so why visit a commercial law firm for criminal law advice? Between them, the criminal law specialists at Dribbin & Brown have decades of experience in this complicated area of the law, and they will be able to advise you on your matter with confidence.
Our lawyers are there to give you professional legal advice, instruct you on court procedure, provide you with the best possible defence for your matter, and make your involvement in the criminal justice system as fast and comfortable as possible.
Further, our experienced criminal lawyers have an excellent working relationship with other organisations within the criminal law community. Our lawyers liaise daily with the Courts, police prosecutors, prisons, psychologists and youth specialists in order to give you the best chances of success in your matter.
When choosing a defence lawyer or criminal law firm, be sure that you are engaging professionals who are experienced in the area of law related to your charge. Dribbin & Brown’s experienced criminal lawyers are trained in all aspects of criminal law. If you have been charged with one or more of the following charges, speak to one of our experienced criminal lawyers today:
- Assault offences (including aggravated burglary, threat to kill, false imprisonment, intentionally causing injury or serious injury, kidnapping, negligently causing injury or serious injury, recklessly causing injury or serious injury, stalking, use of firearms or affray);
- Breach of a family violence intervention order (FVIO) or family violence intervention notice (FVIN);
- Centrelink fraud;
- Children’s Court charges (and related matters such as good behaviour bonds, fines, probations, youth supervisor orders, youth attendance orders, imprisonment and parole);
- Computer and Internet offences;
- Council charges (such as dog attack charges);
- Driving and traffic offences (including speeding, driving while disqualified or suspended, drink driving, drug driving, reckless conduct and dangerous driving);
- Drug offences (such as cultivation of narcotics, manufacture, introduction into the body of another person, possession, trafficking, supplying to children and use as well as other large and commercial quantity related matters);
- Firearm offences leading to a cancellation of licence, fine or arrest
- Fraud (such as blackmail, false statements, obtaining a financial or property advantage by deception and threats to destroy or damage property);
- Murder, manslaughter, infanticide and defensive homicide;
- Perverting the course of justice;
- Sex offences (including illegal abortion, abduction, bestiality, bigamy, concealing the birth of a child, incest, indecent assault, female genital mutilation, possession of child pornography, procuring sexual penetration by threats or fraud, production of child pornography, rape, sexual penetration of a minor and sexual servitude);
- Theft and criminal damage;
- Violence offences (such as armed robbery, harassment, robbery and wilful destruction or damage);
- Weapons offences; and
- White collar crime.
Dribbin & Brown Criminal Lawyers are also able to represent you in the following criminal law related matters:
- Asset confiscation;
- Bail applications;
- Driver’s licence restorations;
- Firearm licence restorations; and
- Infringement warrants.
Criminal law is complex and broad. It is important that you choose an experienced criminal lawyer who keeps up to date with the latest changes in legislation, and who can help guide you through this difficult area of law, achieving the best possible result for you in your matter.
Our lawyers are readily contactable through a 24-hour hotline for emergency situations. It is important that you trust the ability of your criminal defence lawyer. Dribbin & Brown only practice criminal law, so you know that you are being well taken care of.
When you enlist the services of one of our experienced defence lawyers, you can be certain that you are in capable hands.
Dribbin & Brown have offices in the Melbourne CBD, Frankston, Dandenong, Moorabbin, and Ringwood. All of our offices are located within walking distance of the major court complexes in the area. This makes it easy for you to meet with your experienced criminal lawyer at an office that is convenient for you, and also be able to access the Court quickly if necessary.
If you have been charged with a criminal offence, or are worried that you might be charged at a later date, do not hesitate to contact the office on (03) 8644 7322 and make an appointment to see a criminal defence lawyer today.
TIME AND MONEY
Time is a precious commodity to most people. It is important therefore that you choose a lawyer who is flexible and can cater to your needs. Contacting one of our experienced criminal lawyers is quick and simple, and an appointment can be made to meet with one of our lawyers at a time best suited to your busy schedule. Our lawyers can meet with you at one of our many office locations, and can be contacted via telephone or email if you have any queries about your matter.
In criminal law matters, you may be eligible for Victorian Legal Aid funding, meaning a large proportion of your legal expenses will be covered by the Victorian government. The availability of this option depends largely on your economic circumstances. Talk to one of our criminal lawyers to see if you are eligible for Legal Aid funding.
Should you be ineligible, we will represent you privately.
Dribbin & Brown can offer representation either with the assistance of Legal Aid or on a private basis. Talk to one of our criminal lawyers today to choose the right representation for you.